Right in between the famous lodges,
where the rich and glamorous stay,
lies our little piece of heaven.
GPS 24°28'59"S 31°05'18"E decimal 24.48324S,31.08864E
The pool & the two rondavels. To the left (70 meters) are the two bush tents, and to the right, the Firefly eating lapa, and to the far right, about 30 meters away is our house. The camping terrain and the ablution block lie in the opposite direction.
This is a small family-run business where most customers become our friends. The Timbavati region of the Kruger is central to the many attractions of the Bushveld. From here you can do daytrips into the »Kruger Park, visit the Cheetah Project, the Maholoholo rehab centre, the reptile park, Swadini Resort, the Blyde River / Motlatse Canyon and Traditional African villages. You can hike along the bottom of the Blyde River / Motlatse Canyon, swim or jump down the waterfall, or walk between wild animals. Visit the millionaire's playground and partake in their amenities at our budget prices. Modern chalets, rustic en-suite bush tents, or camping under huge trees next to the Klaserie river, we have it all. Listen to the lions roar or the hyenas and other animals cry out in the night. Big 3 or big 5 game drives or bush walks arranged. Traditional meals served.
PLEASE NOTE: There is nothing
nicer than having had the whole camp full over a long
weekend, with many different groups, and everyone coming in
personally to thank you for a lovely time and for our
hospitality. They tell us how they enjoyed the silence, the
bush sounds, the birds, the unbelievable sky and the bush
trails. Some of them came for one night & stayed for 3 nights.
Some tell us that it was their nicest accommodation in SA so
Many keep coming back and sending their friends. Most of them are professionals, with the "lowly educated" busy with their Masters degree. Sometimes, half our customers are medical doctors, with engineer boy- or girl-friends... but please, we are not snobs! Some of our most memorable friends we ever had here, were hardworking firemen, security personnel, tradesmen … once a real British bobby! Our customers often mingle and organise camp parties or cook-togethers. They share their cars to Kruger Park and halve their costs.
And then: There is nothing worse than having a truck driver arrive here expecting the Ritz, and complaining all the time. Then demanding his money back and writing to the booking agent to remove you from their books as "the place is a dump and not fit for human occupation."
So please understand:
- • That we paid a few million for this place as a retirement place for ourselves, our kids and friends.
- • We are willing to share it with nice members of the public.
- • We only want happy customers who become friends!
- • If you want to complain about anything except the weather, then please do not come here!
- • There is hardly a dull moment. We recently saw a leopard, two cheetahs kill a kudu, and the nightly visit from a member of the secret 5.
- • Essentially, dear reader, this is the bush. You need to be prepared to camp out and toughen up a little.
- • What we offer is a unique bushveld experience in a remote location. This is the genuine bush at its best.
- • The Kruger, etc is not a zoo, where the animals are on show for you. They roam freely within a vast area of the reserves, so nobody can guarantee which animals you'll see on any particular day.
- • What we can guarantee, is an experience of a lifetime, one that demands you bring your camera and/or camcorder along!
We are eco friendly! You can read more on our Information page.
Sunrise at Kruger.. We wait for the sun to see the lions and the vultures wait for the lions to leave, to get to their breakfast.
A family of very rare Tsesebe, photo taken on one of our game walks.
The Big 5 (plus 1) in South Africa
Lion, Buffalo, Leopard, Rhino Elephant and corruption.
Please protect yourself: Click here!